Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

In the morning


Acacia tree, Namibia, March 2010

With the first light it's easy to wake up in our tent and enjoy the cool and beautiful morning. Not to forget that we got lots of sleep when we went on the foam mattress with the last light.

Acacia are realy majestic trees. But we had to be careful. The huge thorns got stuck in our car tire and two times we had a puncture.

Linked to Sky Watch Friday
Thank you Klaus, Sandy, Wren and Sylvia from the Skywatch Team.

6 comments:

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Acacia tree is one of the most precious trees that we have back home. This photo made me miss home.

Terrific shot!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Roses have thorns, acacias have thorns--I wonder what the moral of the story is...

I WONDER WHY

I wonder why
Some love the sky
But not the wind and rain.

I wonder, friend,
If sky will end—
It’s too much for my brain!


© by Magical Mystical Teacher

Tree Folk & Sky

Francisca said...

Misalyn must be from the Philippines. We have lots of them there. And yes, they are majestic, especially yours, with the sun rising.

Randy said...

That is one beautiful tree. No worries, I am having problems getting to certain blogs too.

Laura said...

sorry about the thorns...but wow...what a magnificent view!!

forgetmenot said...

What a wonderful scene to wake up to. Beautiful, beautiful!!! Mickie :)